How to pitch a VC? As a founder of a startup, you might have this question in your mind. I will share some of my study notes about angel investors, startups, VCs etc. in this blog.Here’s a checklist from Quora answered by David S. Rose for startups to follow.
If you meet the VC for 30 seconds in an elevator, you certainly aren’t going hand her a 30 page business plan. Although it sounds like overkill (because you won’t need all of these for every VC), a well-prepared entrepreneur will have all of the following, to be used at the appropriate times:
- A one sentence (or sentence fragment) tag line
- A professional business card
- A one or two paragraph email introduction to the business
- A ‘one-pager’ overview
- A 2-3 page executive summary
- A 20-30 page business plan
- A one sentence description
- A 30 second elevator pitch
- A 5 minute ‘quick pitch’
- A 15-20 minute angel/VC PowerPoint/Keynote pitch
- A functional public web site
- A short video pitch
- A dedicated, controlled access, investor-relations web site
If you have all the above, you’ll be fully prepared for any sequence of events as you interact with prospective investors.